This Post Brought to You by the Letter 'S'

 One of Stampin' Up!'s artisan design team used the Natural Touch Specialty Paper and covered a wooden letter. I was so excited by this especially as I have had a wooden letter since middle school that my mom bought me to craft, but I never got around to fancy-ing it up! 

The overall process was quite simple! 

You will need: 

  • Matte Modge Podge
  • Foam Paint Brush
  • Natural Touch Specialty Paper (or another fun paper!)
  • A wooden letter (a cardboard one might also work, but those tend to be a bit less sturdy)
  • Butterfly Brilliance Dies
  • Basic White Cardstock 
  • Blushing Bridge Cardstock 
  • Precision Cutting Blade (can be found at most/all craft stores!)

Your first step will be to cover the front side of the letter with modge podge using the foam paint brush. Next you will lay the Natural Touch Specialty Paper on top and smooth it out. I started using my bone folder, then moved to using  my fingers once it was just small 'bubbles' left. Once I got it adhered well, I flipped the letter over to the backside and pressed the letter to the paper from the reverse side.  Let it dry. 

Once dry, Take your precision tool (on foam board or self healing mat) and trim the edges of the paper off around your letter. [Letters with lots curves--like s-- are significantly less fun as an FYI!) One you have done that, trim any 'rough edges'. You can also take a fine grain sand paper block and rub the edges slightly (not completely necessary!). After you have finsihed trimming, modge podge over the paper. This adds a finished look (use matte so it's not shiny, but has a finished glean). This also serves to protect the paper.

Next up, take your cardstocks and cut 6-ish butterflies using the dies in your Stampin' Up! Cut and Emboss. I did 3 in each color in varying sizes.  Attach with Tombow liquid glue. I chose to curl my butterfly wings using the die brush of my take your pick tool. This gives additional 3D imagery. In order to maintain that, I only adhered the butterflies' bodies to the letter using Tombow. I also added a few pearl embellishments. Certainly, you could add any number of fun items to your letter/letters!

What do you think? Will you try this craft? I think this is fun for craft rooms, kids' rooms, or even wreaths around the house! You could definitely make this into a Holiday decoration too by using different paper/dies!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me! I also have several extra catalogs--please let me know if you are interested in a Catalog--they ship to you free of charge and are so fun and beautiful to look at!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Stamp Out Hunger' this November

Enter to Win: Gnome for the Holidays

Falling in Love with Soft Seedlings