3 Tips for your Stampin' Up! Shammy

 I LOVE my Stampin' Up! Shammy! It is the easiest way to clean your stamps in my opinion! It is flexible, affordable,  and you can bend and squeeze it to get into the nooks and crannies of even the tiniest stamps! This last feature also makes it easy to clean off your stamps on and the plates of your stamparatus, too! 

These are my top 3 tips for using your Stampin' Up! Shammy: 

1. Store your shammy in an empty Stampin' Up! stamp case. You can recycle an old case, use a DVD case, or you can actually buy a set of 4 from Stampin' Up! for $8.00! I use these cases for TONS of things--water color pencils, paper pumpkin leftovers/stamps, shammy--these are a good investment! Having your shammy in a case keeps your desk/projects from getting wet, makes the shammy easy to carry with you, and keeps the shammy 'wetter' for longer! I usually just leave my case slightly ajar while sitting on my desk to keep any mold or mildew from forming; I close it completely when putting it in a bag for travel!

2. When you are rinsing your shammy, start with cold water, then progress up to warm water! Warmer water tends to set in stains, so starting with cold keeps your shammy looking cleaner (but not perfect!) for longer. 

3. When your shammy starts to leave ink on your hands, throw it in the wash with your towels (My towels are not white or light colored, so I haven't noticed any bleeding. Send them on a test run with one towel and the shammy, or use a color catcher sheet by Shout to be safe!). I wash my towels like normal (laundry soap, a bit of bleach, no fabric softener) and just throw the shammy in with them. It comes out like new and smelling great (but with some stains)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Stamp Out Hunger' this November

Enter to Win: Gnome for the Holidays

Falling in Love with Soft Seedlings