Flowering Cactus Medley Projects

 I made a post a couple weeks ago about the Flowering Cactus Medley (154559) and I finally got an opportunity to try the kit and all the fun goodies inside! 

Stamping and die cutting with this kit was so much fun! Below are three similar sample cards I made with this kit. 

Two fun things that I did were using Sahara Sand ink and a blender brush (153611) to make the desert 'floor'. I took a scrap piece of white cardstock and tore the edges. I colored it with Sahara Sand ink pad using the blending brush, then added the 'shadow' stamps included in the Flowering Cactus stamp set. For two of the cards, I did this twice and layered the pieces so that it added additional dimension to the card! 

I also cut up a few of the 'budding' cacti that I die cut and stamped. This gave me pieces that I could layer and make little 'bouquets' of cacti to fill empty space without taking away the effect of the focus of the smiling cactus! 

Speaking of the smiling cactus, the last thing I did was combine the Cute Fruit stamp set (153301) in the beginner brochure. I used the smiley faces in Cute Fruit to make the cacti 'happy'! This was perfect for the 'Happy Looks Good On You' sentiment included in the flowering cactus stamp set! 

I finished the cards with some of the felt embellishments included in the kit, and some gold metallic pearls (146282), and Voila! C'est magnifique!

I plan on posting a video showing how I made at least one of these cards early next week!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Stamp Out Hunger' this November

Enter to Win: Gnome for the Holidays

Falling in Love with Soft Seedlings