Hey Chick! Easter Matchbook

Easter is my second favorite holiday next to Christmas, and creating for spring and Easter goodies is so much fun! It brings some cheeriness to the last days of winter and the start to warmer months! 

Every year I make my husband a treat bag with Easter treats to celebrate in addition to our traditional meal. This year I spruced up some of his favorite treats including our favorite treat--Mini Cadbury Eggs!

I decided to make a matchbook! See the directions below the picture!  Please ignore the extra adhesive on the design--my favorite Tombow liquid glue came out a bit too fast...


To make the design as pictured above you will need 9.75"x 3.75" piece of So Saffron scored on the short side at 0.75" and at 5.25".

I chose to do some tone-on-tone stamping on the back (I just used the tulip from the Springtime Joy! stamp set). I also used the 'Welcome Spring' stamp from Springtime Joy, and cut it out with the Double Oval Punch. Next, I pushed all the eggs to the 'top' and folded the bottom flap into the package. Then I took a regular stapler and stapled the bag into the 0.75" flap.  I covered the front and back of the staples with two pieces of scrap granny apple green-ish designer series paper (DSP). 

Finally, I designed the card front. I used some remaining "Oh So Ombre" DSP from the sale-a-bration catalog to create the 'grass' and the 'sky'. You could easily swap this out with some granny apple green and balmy blue DSP or plain cardstock from the annual catalog if you don't have the Oh So Ombre paper pack.  I used the Stitched So Sweetly dies to cut out the 'sun' from the circles included with that die set, then I stamped all the 'Hey Chick' pieces and cut them out using the coordinating dies (both available online and not featured in the spring mini catalog).  I cut out the banner from the Stitched So Sweetly dies as well and used the "HUSBAND" stamp from the Family Party stamp set! If you don't have the Family Party stamp set, I would highly, highly recommend!

I finished it out with some white resin dots from the Playing with Patterns embellishment pack. 

It's going to look amazing on the top of his little Easter parcel this weekend! :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Stamp Out Hunger' this November

Enter to Win: Gnome for the Holidays

Falling in Love with Soft Seedlings