Gnome Place Like Home

 I have been thinking of ways that I can spread the Christmas cheer with our neighbors, and also stocking stuffer ideas--this design is a two-for! 

I adapted and was inspired by a concept from Pink Buckaroo Designs, another Stampin' Up Demonstrator. She had made similar style Kit Kat wrappers for Christmas! 





I thought the 'no place like GNOME' saying was perfect for our neighbors! For stocking stuffers I'll probably choose to  use the 'you're a friend like gnome other.' This is possibly my favorite set of stamps that I own. (Gnome for the Holidays, 153322) This likely has a lot to do with growing up in Iceland and having fond memories of the Christmas Trolls/Elves coming to visit each night leading up to Santa's arrival.

This is how I made my design: 
  • 1 sheet of Merry Merlot Cardstock (8.5x 11)
  • 1 sheet of Whisper White Cardstock (8.5x11) 
  • Momento Black Ink Pad
  • Stampin' Blends Pens
  • Blender Pen
  • Stampin' Up Watercolor Pencils
  • Scrap Ribbon
  • 2 KitKats
  • Stampin' Seal +
  • Gnome Place Like Home Stamp Set (to make this exact design!) [The Merry Christmas Stamp was borrowed from the Tag Buffet Stamp Set.]

This design holds two kit kats makes up very quickly and can be a 'stash buster'! While I recommend full sheets of cardstock, I only used full sheets once I ran out of similar sized scraps. 

The base of the design requires a 4.5x 7 piece of cardstock in Merry Merlot, which is scored at 3" and 4.25" with your bone folder + Paper Trimmer and/or Score Board.

You will need 3 pieces of 4" x 2.75"  pieces of whisper white cardstock. Using your Stampin' Seal + Attach one sheet to the bottom of the 'base'. Next, stamp and color your images to your desire. 

Attach the inside sentiment using Stampin' Seal +, and attach your exterior stamped piece to the outside with dimensionals or with Stampin' Seal +. 

Lastly, in order to 'tie off' your present, take two pieces of  6" ribbon. Slide the ribbon under the white cardstock on the bottom and under the exterior piece of white cardstock. 

To assemble, you will Stampin' Seal + your kit kats to each other first, then to the piece of white cardstock on the bottom.  Then tie the bow and it's ready for gifting! 

Let me know if you have any questions or would like to place an order! I'm happy to help!


Update: I found the video! 
Here is the link:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n80KGajspfs


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Stamp Out Hunger' this November

Enter to Win: Gnome for the Holidays

Falling in Love with Soft Seedlings