Birthday Cake Thank You Sleeves

Few things are as iconic as birthday cake and ice cream! I kept that in mind when I was designing these cute little birthday thank you sleeves.

I purchased the Birthday Cake Little Debbie snack cakes from Walmart (8 cakes for ~$2.00) and decided to fancy them up with some cute stamped and paper outfits! I made these as thank you gifts for my in-laws  for hosting a surprise birthday party for me--so sweet!

See the measurements, hints, and video to make these on your own!





Supplies Needed

Sweet Ice Cream Bundle (Punch, DSP, and stamp set)

Blending Brush (to brush pool party ink in an arch around the top of the Basic White

Stampin' Pad Ink Colors: Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Pool Party 

Basic White Cardstock: 1.25" x 4.75"

Pool Party Cardstock: 5" x 5.25" scored at 0.75", 2.25", 3", and 4.5" 

  • Cut the last scored section in half to make the final scored section 3/8" wide
  • I made my boxes a bit 'tighter' so that the cakes wouldn't fall out. If you want to increase the sides of the box to 1" so there is more room in the sleeve, you could always use a ribbon tied around the box and under the ice cream cone to hold the cake in the sleeve!

Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper 0.75" x 4.75" for the sides, and for the ice cream scoop

Wink of Stella

*Another idea would be to use the clay embellishments that come with the bundle to top your ice cream with some sprinkles! :) 


If you have any questions about this project or about Stampin' Up! please reach out to me! I love to share what I love! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Stamp Out Hunger' this November

Enter to Win: Gnome for the Holidays

Falling in Love with Soft Seedlings