Salt Technique Tutorial

I recently learned the process of making a card background using the salt technique! I have tried it several times now and LOVE it! 

It is fast, simple, and an economical way to create custom and beautiful water colour pieces.

I am planning on demo-ing this technique this Friday, 1/15 at 7PM via zoom! Visit my Stampin' Up! website for additional details! 

You will need: 

  • Water Painters
  • Stampin' Up Classic Stampin' Pad or Stampin' Up Ink Refills
  • Watercolour Paper
  • Salt--any kind will do! I like the Kosher salt because I think it makes less of a mess, but standard iodized table salt is just fine too! You will get different effects based on the granule size of the salt that you use.

It would be helpful if you had:

  • A piece of cardboard (small and clean!) to tape your watercolour paper too
  • Painter's tape
The green 'splotchy' background paper of this card was created using this technique! It's perfect for skies, water, 'green' forest backgrounds, etc.


If you have any questions about Stampin' Up or this free tutorial, please reach out! See you Friday! 

Update: Congratulations to Nancy for winning this month's prize giveaway during the tutorial! If you are interested in winning prizes and learning some fun things along the way, join me for my next tutorial on 2/5 (details on www.StampTheTestofTime.stampinup.net)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Stamp Out Hunger' this November

Enter to Win: Gnome for the Holidays

Falling in Love with Soft Seedlings