Desktop Happiness

In setting up a home office for my full-time job, I noticed that all my typical 'work' knick knacks on my desk where still all in my office--including my desk calendar. 

I was inspired by Pink Buckaroo's recent Facebook Friday, and went rogue planning my own version! 

I used the Pampered Pets stamp set from the Annual Catalog. While the animals feel a bit monochromatic, this was intentional! As it turns out, my everyday stampin' buds are monochromatic and my pets served as models! Certainly you can change them to whatever color you would like! 

To make this design exactly as-is, you will need: 

  • Ink Colors: Memento Tuxedo Black, Real Red, Crushed Curry
  • Stampin' Blends: Dark Granite Gray, Color Lifter, Real Red, Misty Moonlight
  • Blender Pen
  • Stampin' Seal +
  • A pre-made tear off calendar (I purchased mine from Taylored Expressions at the suggestion of Pink Buckaroo's video!)
  • Water Color Pencils: Flirty Flamingo, Basic Black
  • x1 Sheet of Misty Moonlight, cut to 11" x 37/8", and one 2" by 6" strip
    • Score big piece at 5.5", score the smaller strip lengthwise at 1.5", 3", 4.5"
  • x1 2.5"x 35/8"piece of Whisper White/Basic White Cardstock
  • x1 2.5"x 35/8" piece of DSP 
    • (I chose the 'crushed curry' colored polka dots from Fields of Flowers in the Sale-a-bration catalog)
The next step is just to stamp, color, and assemble! To make the 'white' spots on Ollie the Dog, I used the color lifter. I used the water color pencil for his black spots, nose, and for Hugo the Cat! The one 'tricky' spot is the connecting the strip to the front and the back. After scoring, fold and burnish the edges and make an "M" shape that can be connected to the front and the back using Stampin' Seal+


If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out! I'm happy to help with anything Stampin' Up!

Here are my cuties that I share my stampin' time with:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Stamp Out Hunger' this November

Enter to Win: Gnome for the Holidays

Falling in Love with Soft Seedlings